From the ToC, the book covers:
- An introduction to data mining
- Large-scale processing with distributed file systems and MapReduce
- Similarity search: nearest neighbor, minhashing, LSH, etc...
- Algorithms for mining streaming data
- (Web) Graph analysis: Pagerank, HITS, and spam detection
- Frequent Itemset algorithms
- Clustering Algorithms
- Advertising on the web
- Recommendation Systems
It is an interesting blend of material that are not usually taught together. I look forward to examining it in more detail.