I've been blogging about search since late 2005. Early on I focused on domain-specific search engines, like Globalspec. More recently, it's become more technical and research oriented. I look forward to using it to share not only research highlights, but practical guides and code for practitioners. This is one area where my previous job as a developer limited my ability to be open and participate in these types of discussions. Here a few highlights from the past few years.
The most popular posts:
- Open source Information Extraction and Text Mining tools
- Open source search libraries
- Vertical search definition and context
- Open source Collaborative Filtering and recommendation engines
(and the more recent web-scale recommendation engines).
- How to quickly reset a Java array
My favorite posts: